Friday, April 26, 2013

Fast & Furious

Fast & Furious
The Amazing Adventure leading up to 30!
May/June 2012

In honor of Aaron's 30th Birthday I set out to make this one a memorable one.  Starting in January I sent out letters to all of Aaron's family and friends with return envelopes requesting they send me some fun & loving memories that they had of or with Aaron, along with some pictures that they would like to share.  Once I collected all the stories and pictures I assembled them in a book totally and completely about Aaron, all from the time he was born, through his Jr Jazz years, leading up to his High School and post college graduate years.  It was really fun reading about the great memories people had with him growing up!!  (I used mixbook.com in case anyone is wondering)
But, just like a firework, what's a Birthday with out the BANG?!! 
That wasn't all he got, I signed him up for the Mustang Experience at Miller Motor Sports Park!  Aaron likes anything "fast and furious" so I knew he would really get a kick outta this!  And whaddya know, his car was #30 :) 
They took us all out on the track, including my pregnant self, in a white 12 passenger van so we could get a "feel" for the track.  I have to be honest, I was feeling pretty adventurous and it was hella cool! but as the instructor took us around for a second lap, this time a "little" quicker (haha ya right), lets just say I was holding onto my seat in fear of sliding out of my seat belt onto the floor!  I know he knew what he was doing and had been out there a million times and knew exactly how the van would handle, and of course I wanted Aaron to have the time of his life too, but only as long as it didn't mean welcoming another little life into the world in the process! haha I was 7 months pregnant at the time.  So once that joy ride was over, they took us back to where the mustangs where and all the guys geared up with helmets and were harnessed into their cars.  They raced around the track enough times so that each guy had the thrill of being in the head of the line and at the end.  Then for the real adrenaline rush!!... they got to ride shot gun with an experienced driver for one more hot lap around the track!  Aaron said he was amazed at what you could really do with the car and how well it handled, even put him on the edge of his seat a little too! - - the instructor mentioned that they used to do the ride-a-long first but later changed that since it caused some to be more daring which resulted in a few accidents.  Yikes!  Once that was over, we were trolleyed back to the museum where they concluded the Mustang Experience with a little "graduation ceremony" and gave each of them a certificate of completion :)
Happy 30th Birthday to my hot sexy racer!!
Love you!!!


No comments: