Sunday, January 25, 2009

I finally broke down...

So I've held out for as long as I possibly could.... as long as my comfort level would allow, but this weekend I finally broke down and bought some pants ....some actual maternity pants! weird *lol*
I usually can get away pretty comfortably with zipping up my jeans and doing the "rubber band" trick when fastening the top button, however, I had made the mistake and tried to wear a pair of my jeans that are OH so cute, but are also the smallest pair that I own and the fabric is the kind that has no stretch to them whatsoever and boy was that a mistake! I was SO uncomfortable that I actually looked forward to taking a lil' shopping trip to the one section I've never had to scope out before... the maternity section.
Two stores that I had any luck at was Macey's and Khols. They both had a few of the same brands that were reasonably affordable and also had a little more of todays style, so I don't feel like Im wearing ghetto granny pants *lol*. Macey's did have some extremely cute ones too but there was no way I was about to pay $140 bucks for them!! Wowzerz!
Though it sucked to have to buy pants I will only wear for so long, Im actually really looking forward to wearing them, knowing that I will be in complete and total comfort! :D ...As for now, I'll just have to keep those "other" pants of mine hidden away for the time being, but I have no doubt they will be very useful after my little sugar plum is here! They will make for some major motivation in kickin' my butt back into shape, working my way back into them! *haha * wink* :)

2 comments:

Wendy Anderson said...

Ha ha it is sad when you first have to wear the maternity jeans but honey by the end of the pregnancy when you get so uncomfortable you will be praising those comfortable jeans!!

DiVina said...

I bet you look adorable in the prego jeans. I wish I could see ya.. Miss you and love ya!