Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving and Christmas at G&Gs

The journey started with BLACK FRIDAY!! I got up bright an early (well not that early... around 6:30am) and went to a couple of places to get some christmas shopping done. I would say where but then a few "certain someone's" may figure out what their gettin' this year *lol*. I got back home around 8:30 and we were out the door with the pups by 9am. On our way out of town we stopped at JoAnns fabric store so I could take advantage of a few more killer deals, but ended up getting bummed instead - - the sale that I went there for was actually a Saturday only sale. I normally would have been like, "oh well, no biggie. I'll just come back tomorrow" BUT we were headed to a small town called Beaver Dam, AZ and the closest things they had to shopping stores, whether it be for crafts or clothes or whatever, was either a half an hour back tracking to St. George or a 15min ride to Mesquite, and you can guess what kind of selection they really have there. Needless to say, I ended up missing out on the deal but I had a good time hanging with my family celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas which made it all worth it! We were able to get the whole family together this year so it was really nice. Saturday night we all gathered around the christmas tree at my aunt Marlisa's house (she lives right next door to my grandparents) and opened a BUNCH of elephant gifts that were brought by each of us. Some of the gifts were pretty cool and others.... well lets just say they were "true" elephant gifts! Like little boy boxers, girlie undies, dip mixes and puppie treats! haha My little brother Dylan kept getting gifts that had to do with cooking and it seemed that all the other boys kept getting girly bubble bath kits! haha However there were 2 "manly" kits that had them constantly trading and stealing gifts, which is odd for the product that was caught in the middle for all the comercials advertise women chasing after the men! haha Can you guess what product it was?.....AXE body wash and spray, etc.. It was a hoot to watch them all. We had a lot of fun with it and it turned out to be a really great time.

3 comments:

Shannon Christine said...

Hi I stumbled upon your blog and I wanted to say congrats on your marriage and baby on the way. I have a website called www.grumpymoms.com a site dedicated to making a moms world easier. You may be a more excited mom then grumpy but don't worry you will appriciate the name soon. Being a mom is the greatest but sometimes the hardest job and I wish you all the best on your new adventure!

DiVina said...

Bre!!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you and Aaron!!! I love you tons!

♥ DiVina

ThE WaRnEr'S said...

YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU HAD A BLOG...I AM SO GLAD! IT'S ADORABLE!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA WED! LUV YA! :)