
Aaron had something special planned for the two of us on December 15th 2007.... only I was in for a much bigger surprise! We drove to downtown SLC, parked the car and started walking. I had no idea where we were headed or what we were about to do. We took a shortcut and decided to walk thru the temple grounds to see all the beautiful lights ...little did I know, on the southern end...our Christmas carriage awaited! It was exciting! Neither of us had ever done this before so it was sure to be a neat experience. After we started trotting along, I ofcorse, pulled out the camera and started taking a few pictures (those of you who know me, know exactly how BIG I am on capturing the memories!)..... I noticed that Aaron started looking around searching for any peeping eyes that may be upon us. I didn't think anything of this ....
and then he said, "You know... it has been a great night .... but you know what would make it a perfect night?" ... Me being completely oblivious of what was about to happen, thought he was secretly implying for me to put the camera down and commented back "No camera?!" He chuckled a little and nervously went on to say, "....if you would marry me?!" and held out a box with a sparkling engagement ring!!!
I was overcome with so much excitement the only thing I could do was smile a HUGE grin as joyous tears filled my eyes . He gently took my hand and placed the ring on my finger.... it fits PERFECTLY! Its gorgeous! Once I was able to speak I oh so happily said YES! (then I couldn't speak again *lol* such a boob!) It truely was a perfect night!
and then he said, "You know... it has been a great night .... but you know what would make it a perfect night?" ... Me being completely oblivious of what was about to happen, thought he was secretly implying for me to put the camera down and commented back "No camera?!" He chuckled a little and nervously went on to say, "....if you would marry me?!" and held out a box with a sparkling engagement ring!!! I was overcome with so much excitement the only thing I could do was smile a HUGE grin as joyous tears filled my eyes . He gently took my hand and placed the ring on my finger.... it fits PERFECTLY! Its gorgeous! Once I was able to speak I oh so happily said YES! (then I couldn't speak again *lol* such a boob!) It truely was a perfect night!

1 comment:
That's so beautiful! How wonderful. I'm sure I'll cry too. (If/when it happens). :)
Post a Comment