Friday, February 13, 2009

Will you BE mine...VALENTINE?

Aaron and I decided to keep it simple this year ...after all the sweetest gift of all will be arriving in April/May ;)


::FOR HER::
Tuesday Aaron has school so my mom was planning on coming over so that we could make some Valentines cookies - YUM. When I got home the puppies happily greeted me as usual and from the corner of my eye I could tell that a light was left on over our stairs. The first thought to myself was, "Owpe! Aaron left a light on," but as came through the door more and looked up, I realized he must have done it on purpose in an effort to create a "spotlight" for what was set on the middle ledge by the stairs. It made my heart JUMP with joy and sweet "awe"! He had placed a huge vase filled with beautiful flowers there and sprinkled candy conversation hearts around it along with a very cute card that he made for me. He is so thoughtful... he took the time to compose a little love note for me, using the conversation hearts where he could. It was so cute and perfect! Its these small surprises that I love the most!!!


::FOR HIM
::
Thursday morning, we were doing our normal morning "getting ready for work" routine and I was trying to think of a clever way I could give him his gift. There were several michevious ways that I had come up with but there was no "window of opportunity" to roll it out, so I had to work with what I could. I came upstairs to kiss him goodbye and when he stepped back into the kitchen to grab his lunch I ducked into the bathroom to grab his present (I had hid it there earlier that morning) and simply stood there with the light off until he walked by. He caught a glimpse of me, as I had hoped, and for a split second there was a shocked look on his face that quicky turned into a cheesy grin when he noticed the gift I was holding him my hands. He opened it and thanked me for the CD which has one of his favorite songs on it (everytime it comes on the radio he turns the volume up :) and then Friday we ordered his favorite stuffed crust pizza.

::FOR US.... a little something extra for Valentines Day
::

We have planned to go on a date! There's nothing better that just hanging out with my ONE TRUE AND ONLY LOVE :) Again keeping it easy, we've decided that we will go to breakfast and then possibly hit a movie later... simple yet very satisfing... and I have been craving breakfast at IHOP lately so Im super stoked *lol*


We hope you all have a fantastic Valentimes Day!!

No comments: