Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Snowbird 2009

Its been a family tradition for YEARS to go up to Snowbird and stay in the Iron Blossom for the first week of October. My grandparents have had this timeshare for longer than I have been alive! We missed having my grandpa up there with us this year *RIP Grompa* but I know he was right there with us, enjoying every moment! My grandma had gotten each of us a stuffed animal that related to us in its own unique way. And they weren't just any ordinary stuffed animals, they were the kind that SiNg! My brother Dylan got a Monkey ... his nickname is "Monkey Boy". My cousin Jake got a Chef ... back in like 3rd grade he was in a play, dressed up as a fat cheff!! This little guy looked just like Jake did in that play it was amazing!! And I got this adorable white bear with a pink hat and a little baby bear in her arms. It was an absolutely perfect fit for me! AND... the song that it sang is "In my Daughters eyes"!! If that wasn't already enough to get me all choked up, along with each gift was a note that my grandma had made from my grandpa. I couldn't even finish reading it before my eyes filled tears and started to fall. They both touched my heart so dearly and I will never forget that moment. I love you both, grandma and grandpa!! With all my heart! XOXO
It was nice to have all the family together. We enjoyed watching family videos and shared lots of laughs!! I was able to stay up there all week and just drove to and from work each day since its located at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. One night they all - my grandma, mom, cousin Jesse, and cousin Jake - started having staring contests AND stick your tongue up your nose contests! haha it was a hoot! My mom and I took a walk over to the Plaza and got some icecream. Aaubre LOVED it! Once she had one lick there was no turning back - it was no longer my icecream, it was ours! haha I was very glad that Aaubre and I were able to spend so much time with my grandma :) She is Aaubre's GREAT Grandma and it was fun watching them play together. It went by way to fast, but it was very enjoyable! Can't wait til' next year!!

2 comments:

DiVina said...

Jeez I started tearing up reading that! So awesome to make such fun memories with family!

ThE WaRnEr'S said...

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT BELIEVE HOW BIG LIL MISS AAUBRE HAS GOTTEN! SHE IS ADORABLE! I MISS YOU CUTE FACE! :)